Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Examples of Vertical Lines

Vertical Lines


photo by Marcus


photo by Buwaneka Saranga 



I found each of these photos peculiar in their own way.  The first, even though it's also an example of leading lines, makes me wonder what the man / woman was doing and thinking as he / she walked past the lined up lines, seemingly all a different structure of art, solid and plain as they may be.  The second photo, from what I recognize as wooden flutes, makes me wonder about what the photographer was trying to tell us, if he / she was trying to paint a story with their picture.  Finally, the last photo is one of my favorites, even though it is just a photo of fencing.  I feel like it could be hiding something, or even tell a story of a trapped animal . . .  Perhaps it tells our own story; one where we're stuck somewhere and we can't get out; we can't escape, because in life, we're trapped in places we don't always want to be in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment